International students – how to make a complaint

StartStudentsInternational students – ho...

What to do if you have a complaint?

When you come to Poland as an international student, you can expect to receive a high standard of education, and to feel safe and well cared for while you live and study here. If you have a complaint, it is important that you go through the right steps. Here is what you need to do.

Ask your University to resolve your complaint.

The University is your first point of contact for any complaint you have. It will give you information about the complaint process. You can submit your complaint query at

If your complaint is not resolved – contact Ministry of Health or Ministry of Education and Science via or websites.

Ministry is a government institution and although can’t assess your complaint, can disccipline the University to do investigation of your concerns. Ministry can also advise you what you can do next.

Additionally you can contact the Student Ombudsman.

The Student Ombudsman operates as part of the Students’ Parliament of the Republic of Poland and intervenes in cases of violations of students’ rights at universities, as well as conducts many preventive activities to increase awareness of students’ rights and qualifications. The Ombudsman for Student Rights is Mateusz Kuliński. If you need help or advice, you can contact the Ombudsman through the Office of the Student Ombudsman: There is no cost to you for this service.