• we have the status of the Excellence Initiative – the MUG is the First Medical Research University in Poland
• we are the best medical university in Poland *
• we are on the 6th place in the general category of the best universities in Poland *
• we are the highest-rated university in Pomerania *
• we received the Certificate of Excellence in Biotechnology awarded by the Polish Accreditation Committee
• we are the most international university in the Pomerania region – nearly 16% of our students are foreigners
• The MUG is a world-wide recognized university, highly rated by national and international institutions that evaluate universities: (MUG was recorded in CWTS Leiden Ranking 2020 and the U.S. News 2019 ranking – Best Global Universities Rankings)
• in 2020 the MUG was included in the Shanghai Ranking in the category of medical sciences, in the field of clinical medicine
• we provide education in all medical professions
• we have the largest medical library in Pomorskie region
• we have a modern teaching and clinical infrastructure – numerous simulation and multimedia labs
• our Medical Simulation Centre is 21 simulation rooms, nursing skills simulation lab, physical examination simulation lab and dental simulation lab
• we have a modern Sports Centre with futsal, handball, basketball and volleyball pitches, as well as gymnasiums for aerobics, squash, Asian martial arts and wrestling
(*) according to Perspektywy magazine July 2020 ranking
Medical University of Gdańsk (MUG) is the largest medical university in northern Poland, located in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe with an old town and beautiful sandy beaches. MUG educates more than 6000 undergraduate and postgraduate students at four Faculties: Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Pharmacy and The Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology. MUG offers Premedical Course, Medicine Doctor Programme, Master of Pharmacy Programme, Nursing Programme, which are taught fully in English.
International students constitute more than 17% of MUG students and represent more than half of all international students in Gdańsk. MUG organizes special week of introductory activities for first-year medical students – to introduce them to medical school life and to formally induct into the profession of medicine.
The MUG student campus is situated on Dębowa Street, within walking distance of the main building – Collegium Biomedicum and the Main Library and other University buildings. Such a location helps students to arrive punctually at their classes. At the same time, the campus is located outside the busy and noisy city centre of Gdańsk.
The campus consists of four dormitories for 1000 students, the student club “Medyk”, a grocery shop and a photocopy shop. It is the location of the headquarters of the Student Government. There is also a canteen, which offers meals at student-friendly prices. All the dormitories are connected to the Internet.
After their hard work, students may relax in the club “Medyk”, which is open from Tuesday to Saturday.
“Medyk” is also a traditional place for annual initiation ceremonies, as well as for the events of “Medykalia” – Days of Culture and Science for MUG Students, in May, when the whole campus is completely packed. Medykalia, celebrated annually by the Medical University, consists of numerous concerts and fun sports events, like ‘hospital bed races’ and ‘white coat parties’, which attract not only medical students to Dębowa Street.
al. Zwycięstwa 41-42
+48 58 349 13 91
+48 58 349 13 97
+48 58 349 13 90
+48 58 349 13 90
+48 58 349 13 90